WARNING Some bits are graphic about how they do selective reduction!
On April 20 2011 I got the best news ever a positive pregnancy test. I went on April 22 for a beta test to check my pregnancy hormones they were 238 kind of high for 13 days after ovulation but not to bad. I went back on April 25th 16 days after ovulation and my number was 1091. Ok for anyone who knows about this that is kind of a fast doubling time at about 33 hours they want it to double in 48 hours.
On May 12, 2011 6 weeks 5 days R and I took N to my RE's for our first ultrasound. Before the tech came out the nurse was asking Nate how many babies were in mommy's tummy N told then 8 we said ha ha very funny. I got undressed and on the table and the tech came in to do the unfun kind of ultrasound women you know what I am talking about lol. The tech was very quite when she started all I could think was that we lost another baby. The tech then asked me how many eggs I had, I told her 1 I know of why? I was thinking oh she found twins wow. She then told me cause there are 4 sacs in here. 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT??????????? At this point Robert asked that she please count again cause she must be wrong.
We were then told there were 4 sacs but only 3 of them had babies with heartbeats in them so far. So we had at least triplets maybe quads. The Dr wanted to sit down and talk to us about our options. R had to take a call from work when the Dr was talking to me but she told us about reduction. Basaclly we would have to go to NYC to have a Dr do genetic testing on our babies and then if one had a issue they would inject something in to that babies heart to stop it or if all were healthy they would pick the baby closet to the cervix. I knew right away there was no way in hell I could even think about doing this. I did how ever want to give R the chance to make a choice. After that the Dr told me to follow up with regular OB. We went out to lunch at this point to talk about our options I explained things to R and he said nope not an option for him either.
I called my OB before we even left Columbia and she had me set up with the high risk Dr for 2 week later to check on things and start my care. We also called our moms from where we were eating and told them they were soon having 3-4 more grand kids boy were they shocked and excited.
The next night I started bleeding and went to the hospital on Saturday they did not find the reason for bleed but figure that is when I lost baby D. When I went for next appt we found that the sac for D was almost completely gone and nothing left. We will never forgot our forth baby. I will give more info on the rest of the pregnancy in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment