Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Triplet Pregnancy

All right so now it is time to wright about the 8 months I was pregnant with the trio. This might be a little hard to due since I don't remember a lot.
I had a pretty easy pregnancy with the trio as easy as it can be when you carrying 3 babies in a 5ft 3in body. I did not start really showing until around 18 weeks I was the same way when I was pregnant with N. R deployed when I was around 13 weeks along so it was N and I till Sept that made for one very tired mommy.

I got 17P shots starting around 16 weeks till I was 32 weeks oh my word did those hurt i had to go in weekly to get shots in my butt very oil based shots that stung and left lumps in butt for weeks. The shots have not been proven to help when someone is pregnant with multiples but due to the fact that I went in to labor with N at 35 weeks they wanted the trio to bake as long as they could so they recommended we try the shots.

At 18 weeks I had the gender scan done and had them put the genders in an envelope since R was gone and wanted us to find out together it was TORTURE! He called me and when I opened the envelope there were 3 pieces of paper  which I read to him. Baby A Girl! Baby B Girl  (ok I admit I started to panic here that they would all be girls) Baby C Boy! (sigh of relief). We were very excited to know what they were and to start thinking about names.

Around 25 weeks I was told I had gestational diabetes it is very common with multiples and with my PCOS it is also very common I barley failed the 3 hour but none the less I was told had it and was told to start by going on diet of sorts with cutting out carbs well was not eating enough and I was starving all the time. I made the choice along with my Dr that the best option for me would be to take the pills to help control it I was able to eat a lot more and felt so much better.

At 27 my brother flew in to help around the house and to help with N when the babies came. R called me to tell me he was back from a trip and needed me to drive down to the base to get him. As I was driving down there I started to feel uncomfortable I got down to the base and went to bathroom thinking maybe my bladder was to full. I continued to have the pain when we were driving home I could not talk through the pain so I called the Dr and they told me to head in to labor and delivery. When I got there we found out I was contracting less then 5 mins apart and I was starting to dilate. So I got to be put on a mag drip and got the steroid shots for there lungs I was on the mag for about 12 hours and they were able to stop the contractions. I had to stay in the hospital from Thursday night till Saturday afternoon. I was then placed on bed rest till I was 33 weeks pregnant.

I was 33 weeks when we set my repeat c-section date for November 29th at 35 weeks 3 days. When I went to my appt on November 28th last appt before my c-section we found that my blood pressure was getting higher  and I had hypertension. All in all I gained a total of 40lbs during it all which is low for triplets but still good. I will post up delivery later at this rate I will have first year done by time they start school lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment