Sunday, March 11, 2012

Infertility

I have what is called PCOS I do not ovulate on my own meaning there is no way for us to become pregnant with out the help of medication. To end up pregnant with N we tried for 4 months on our no medications I went to the Dr at that point and was given Clomid. I took Clomid for 4 cycles before becoming pregnant the night before R left on his first deployment, 8 months later we had N.

When N turned 1 I went off of birth control to start trying for baby number 2. We tried for one month on our own then R deployed again. When he returned we started on Clomid once a again on the 3rd cycle I found I was surprisingly pregnant again we did not think I had ovulated I was about 6 weeks when we found out I had a bleed right under the baby. I went back at 7 weeks to find we had lost our little angel. My body refused to let go of the pregnancy though so a week later I did had to take some meds to help me to pass everything and move on from that pregnancy. R was gone at school at that time and we had just moved in to our new house it was very hard time for me. I will never forget our baby Aug 10.

I started seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist in Nov of 2010 she was a huge help we did a few more rounds of Clomid and then moved on to inject able medications fun times let me tell you. In April of 2011 I did another round on Menopur and Ovdril I think my 3-4 round at higher doses. I had one good follicle they told me a few tiny ones. I took a pregnancy test near the end of the month and low a behold my one egg got me pregnant little did we know what some of those tiny eggs also got me pregnant. The rest of that story will wait for my post about pregnancy. I will say that with this pregnancy we also lost our baby D another child I will never forget and as I look at your brother and sisters know we wish you were with them here with us.

I am one of the lucky ones I was able to get medical help and able to get pregnant with out having to go to some of the steps others have to take. I know I am very lucky there are many women out there who have can't get pregant at all or don't have the medical or money to get pregnant when they want to. I am one of the lucky ones who came out of infertility very easy. Yes I lost 2 of my children but I know many people who have lost many more children then I. I hope that one day everyone who wants kids is able to have them and not have to suffer the lose of any pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment