I started this blog to give updates on our lives to family that lives far away but life got in the way. Also with sites like Facebook and the fact that both Robert's and mine Grandma's have Facebook it seems like the easier place to post but I need some way to get my thoughts out so I am going to try and jump on the blog wagon so here goes.
Well first for the big things that have happened in our lives. We bought a house in August and moved in to it when Robert was away for training. It is a brand new 2005sqft 3bedroom 2 1/2 bath with a loft in a new subdivision. We love our new house and our only wish is that Robert could be home more to enjoy it.
Nathan is a bundle of energy and keeps his mother very busy. He will be turning 2 in December and starting to show so much of his personality. Right now he is getting a few therapies to catch up on somethings that he is behind on do to him having been almost 6 weeks early, and his SPD. We are still fighting his reflux but have found meditations that have it under control for the most part. He is also full time in cloth diapers we are doing that for 2 reasons they are better for him cause he has some skin issues and we are hoping that they may help him to potty train better when he is ready which is no time soon. He is all boy and loves anything with wheels trains are his all time favorite though.
Robert completed his second deployment earlier this year. Since then he has been on a lot of trips and when not on trips he is away for upgrades. Next year is going to be crazy busy for him with the fact he is going to be doing 2 schools and deploying again sometime next fall.
As for me I have been busy with Nathan and the new house. August 7th we got a great surprise in finding out we were second child. Only to have that taken away from us on August 24 finding that there was no hear beat on August 31 I miscarried with the help of some medication. It has been a slow healing process for us even though we only knew about that baby for a short time but we will never forget the child we lost. We are going to try again when ever Robert is home for that to happen. We will be keeping it close to us till we are in a safe zone after what happened last time.
So that is our life up till now. I am by no means a writer and no I do not hold a candle to half the women who's blogs I read but as I said I just need a place for me to write about our lives I am sure someone will care at some point. Thank you to all the people who inspired me to give this a try and find a place to try my hand at being creative.
Hey Melanie, I'm glad you decided to start blogging again. I think it's a great outlet for you to express yourself, even if no one ever reads it. HA! (At least this is what I tell myself. =) ) Also, as someone who pretends to be a writer, I can honestly say that the more you write, the better you get at writing, so keep writing! Hope to see you at play group this week.
ReplyDelete